Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Have


I have a peach on the table.
I have a hat sitting on a rack.
I have a spoon buried in my bag of chips.
I have a roll of tissue to help me through the day.
I have a pair of hands my mother desires.
I have a mind that my father wanted.
I have the flaws that my imaginary sister will never have.
I have legs that do not want to run on the streets.
I have the fears that my make-believe brother does not fear.
I have a candle sinking in a bowl of water.
I have a penguin that does not waddle.
I have a circle with no center, like a doughnut with no filling.
I have a pair of jeans that cannot be worn.
I have skin too tan to see the sun.
I have a snail that is burning from the salt.
I have a stone waiting for the waves,
waiting for the waves to tear its parts away and to lose them in the violent seas.
I have a pile of money buried underground.
I have road signs placed on every corner.
I have a list of people I’m dying to meet.
I have a rocket ready to fly into space.
I have
nothing.

~ February 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment