Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Master Schemer

You walked in and called me out by name,
like you knew I would respond and follow you.
You knew what I would do.
You knew what I would say when you wanted my body and my mind.
You knew exactly what you were doing.

You, master schemer, you.
Knowing that everything is under your control.
One day, I will have a surprise waiting for you,
and we’ll see what you’ll do then.

You watch me like a puppeteer with his marionette.
My strings are in your hands.
Your words follow me around the stage.
All the while your silent laughter sounds from where you stand,
laughing as I act out your beloved play.

Master schemer, you.
Thinking that everything is under your control.
Your words your weapons, your strength your shield.
One day, someone will conquer this world you’ve built,
and we’ll see what you’ll do then.

You are the destroyer. You are the redeemer.
You built this up only to take it down,
to heal only to wound once more,
so that no victims of yours can escape.

You, master schemer, you.
Believing that everything is under your control.
One day, the world will take everything away,
and just you wait,
we’ll see what you’ll do then.



~ April 25, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment