Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You & Your Words

You said that if you had known,
you would have never let it happen.

You said that if you had been there,
you would have protected me and that
you would have stopped them from doing those cruel things to me.

You said that you would have saved me from the harm that I suffered when
I was vulnerable.

But no one was crueler than you.
All you did was feed me empty lies and meaningless words.

You put my hand to the fire and assured me that
I would not be burnt.

You put a knife in my hand and assured me that
I had the power to control such a strong weapon.
Never again would it make me bleed.

You threw me on the field and forced me to run and chase after the things
you aimed at me and assured me that
my endurance will only build.
What doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger.

No one can compare to you and what you have done.
All these meaningless words that you’ve force-fed me and that I naively consumed.

You left me alone on the streets in the cold to chase after empty cars.
You left me defenseless and abandoned.

You left me with nothing.

You left me nothing but your words and the images of you replaying over and over again in my mind.
They had already taken over my being and replaced my heart with what you’ve left in me.

I may not remember their faces, but I will always remember you,

Your countenance, your cruelness,
Your ugliness, your heartlessness,
Your evilness, your emptiness,

You and your meaningless words.

They were not the worst in my life.


You are.



~ May 17, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings to you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete