Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! What are your plans for this holiday? Party? Scary movie? My plans are to do work and then homework! Whoo, just thinking about it gives me chills!

Nothing literature related for this entry~ I tend to stay away from reading scary stories. They tend to create even worse visuals than movies sometimes. I would like to share however, a trailer that I find to be very fitting for Halloween – Alice in Wonderland.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS32b0VLkXk

Has anyone read the book? Truthfully speaking, the Disney version of the story scared me as a child. Seriously, that Cheshire Cat has such an eerie smile, and the Queen is just cruel! But, this new Tim Burton version takes
Alice in Wonderland to a whole new level with Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter – I suppose it’s not too much of a surprise. It’s also in 3D! Doesn't he remind you of The Joker from Batman though, in particular his laugh?

I am actually quite curious as to how Johnny Depp intends to portray this character. A part of me of is scared to watch it, but another part of me cannot resist! I suppose this is why they say that curiosity kills the cat.

Although based on the trailer, I do think that they should release this movie for Halloween instead of in March. I don’t think it’s very fitting for Easter even with the meadow and the bunny.

What's your Halloween flavor? =D Have a Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. I have read Alive in Wonderland. It is really different and much more complicated than what the movie portrays. There is a constant question that Alice asks in the book, "who are you?". This line is only said by the catepillar in the movie. I think it if fairly significant to the story and applies to the real world.

    I am really excited about the movie and they are probably releasing it in the spring so it can come out on dvd before halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody - I feel the same way! The images in the trailer are beautiful, yet frightening at the same time! I wonder if Tim Burton will be truer to the book than Disney's version.

    As a kid, I never could understand Alice In Wonderland until now. I don't know whether I was frightened or not, but only that there were lots of surprising and unexpected characters. I think I was too young to understand and only marveled at her poofy dress. haha.

    Let's go watch it together and be wondered and frightened at the same time. haha! Don't know if I can handle 3D tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice in the wonder land, by watching the trailer
    it doesn't seems like there is much of a easter theme there because it is going to be release in March, but the bunny its cute :3.
    I do agree with your idea that this moive should be release at halloween because from the trailer, there's some parts that that looks creepy, like the smile of the cat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melody - This movie looks so scary, but I plan on watching it because I heart Johnny Depp! This trailer looks like Easter one wrong, very wrong. Wicked! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Johnny Depp too!! Oh man.. I have no clue how I can handle him 3D!! I mean that as in he's so insane here!

    ReplyDelete